________________________________________

Monday, October 27, 2008

Only You Can Prevent...

I was talking to my wife today, or should I say complaining about my language skills today, and in the middle she said this famous line, "Only you can prevent Forrest fires, John, the choice is up to you!" You know the truth is that simply. It is just a choice. Why does it seem so hard to do what we really need to do.

I figured it out today. I have be in Ghana now for 1,516 days. In all that 1,516 days I am still am not able to give the gospel completely in Twi. That is a lot of days and a lot of missed opportunity! It is scary when you start to add up your life.

The thing is that it is a choice. If we wait for a light from heaven, a voice, a great moment of enlightenment, then we will not do it. Most of what God wants us to do is just hard work. Time to roll up my sleeves and do it. I have 58 days until my translators go on Christmas break, the count down is ticking...

Prayer Requests:

1. God help me to be Spirit filled.
2. With the Spirit give me the self-control that I need to do this.
3. Give me a burden great than the cost
4. Give me wisdom to understand, memorize, and use the language I am learning
5. Help me to read, write, and speak Twi.
6. God, when I learn this language let me use it will all my heart, ability, and strength for You and Your glory!

No comments: