________________________________________

Friday, October 10, 2008

Help!

That old sound bit from the Beatles just keeps running through my head, "Help, I need somebody, help, not just anybody..." That idea has become more real all the time to me here in Ghana.

I believe that in time our churches here will become strong, self-supporting, but that will take time. Right now we just need help! (And I do not mean paychecks or money orders from overseas) This is the one prayer request that Jesus Christ gives in the Bible, "Pray ye therefore the Lord of the harvest, that He will send forth labourers..." The thing that I have to remember is that He is the Lord of the harvest. He knows what He is doing, and does not want any corn wasted.

Now that I have stated the faith side, I want to talk about the physical side that I see each day. I go out visiting four times a week. Most weeks I have to go alone twice. We are making ground, but the work is so great.

I was visiting Inusha, (the guy that wants to convert from Islam) and found out some hard news. For every one time that I sit with him and study, the Jehovah's Witness come to his house twice. That seems to be a repeating theme here. My wife just last week had to stop meeting with a lady named Rose, because JW's influence had become so strong that she would not believe the Bible anymore.

I know that God is in control, and with the eyes of faith all becomes very clear. But, can I just vent for a second. I have one question: We have the truth, and we believe it is the only way to heaven, than why is it so hard to get people to help and spread the truth???

Well, today lets make so decisions: #1 to do what ever God what us to do in our part #2 that we will pray for God to move people #3 that people will make the decision to do their part!

I leave you with this quote-

"I believe that in each generation God has called enough men and women to evangelize all the yet unreached tribes of the earth... It is not God who does not call. It is man who will not respond!"

-Isobel Kuhn, missionary to China and Thailand

No comments: