________________________________________

Monday, October 11, 2010

Beef it's what's for dinner... even in Africa (well sometimes)

Here is a the picture I picked out this week for the photo challenge. It was taken near the local slaughter house. The cows are loaded up in trucks and sometimes taxis and brought to the area from the north. Before they are sold on auction for the meat the owners give them over to local cowboys. They are then feed on the surrounding grass to fatten them up. If you would like to see some more picture of our local African cowboys just click here.




I wish I had on hand pictures of the many beef photos that we see here each week (i.e. taxis full of cow heads, Muslim butchers smoking cow tongues, and gaints bulls walking on the sidewalk, and many other gems). I think that I will make this my goal this Friday as I make my weekly trip by the butcher house. Hopefully I will get to post a few good photos next week.

4 comments:

Chelsey - The Paper Mama said...

Very cool photo.

Unknown said...

What a great picture. I love the light. I am glad I didn't have to see the taxi full of cow heads : ) PHEW!

SillyHille said...

It makes me sad to think about where my meat comes from, but I still eat it, which makes me a hypocrite. :S

steph said...

love it!