________________________________________

Monday, May 24, 2010

Rasta Man


(Click on photo to enlarge)

Every Friday I pass this guy and his lottery stand. It is located in Kasse, near the industrial part of the city. Each week we would greet him as we were passing by. About two weeks ago while walking around with my friend Andrew, I decided to ask this Rastafarian if I could take his picture. I just loved the mix of the yellow lotto stand, his dreadlocks and little papers. I was not to sure if he would be keen on the whole idea at first, but to my surprise he gave me a big smile and told me I could.

(By the way, a person would not know it from the picture, but this man that the reader sees with his broad shoulders, has polio. Under the table, both of his legs have been withered by polio. Ghanaian are amazing people. Though he has a difficulty he does not let it bother him, he just keeps on living and working!)

This is my photo entry for the i-heart-faces yellow photo challenge. If you want to see more yellow just click here.

2 comments:

. said...

This is a great photo! Love his smile.

Jenna said...

his hair is amazing..