________________________________________

Thursday, July 22, 2010

The Broni and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad... Attitude

I keep thinking of Judith Viorst book this last few weeks. I felt like Alexander, and keep wanting to say to by self, "I think I will move to Australia!" It has been one of those weeks, or should I say months. Patty had a miscarriage at the beginning of the month. The house flooded, after the water came on at night and one of our sinks was left open. I had my malaria come back after many late nights of work and cleaning up the house. The computer crashed and it took two days to reload everything. Then Ella's foot got an infection that turned into blood poisoning from a punter wound. Also our Ghana football team was robbed by a cheating hand ball in the World Cup which would have allowed them to go to the semi-final and maybe to the finals.

But... I realized the problem was not the problems, but my attitude! I was looking at the wrong things, like Alexander does in this story. Though there have been a lot of hardships, we have been blessed in great ways. I realized yesterday, that God is allowing some of these things to help us to grow in patience. Also I realized that satan is attack and trying to use thingsto keep us from advancing in our work. He wants us to get our eyes off of God.

So in response to this Broni's terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad... Attitude. (Which I did have many times this last two weeks), here are a list of all the blessings that God has poured out this last few weeks.

Our youth activity had 25 teens at it. They loved the new games and the preaching time was the best that it has every been. Football Sunday was a great blessing and had many people attend. There are two people on schedule for baptism, and more requesting to be part of the next group to be baptized. The last two Wednesday night meetings have been so full of adults that there has not been enough room for all of them. Bismark said that if it continues he will built a small structure to allow us to meet near his house. On Thursdays, Wednesdays, and Sundays new people have been attending and have returned (which does not happen always). The house did flood, but of all the things that got wet, only two thing were ruined (books). The computer did crash, but I had almost everything backed up, and I was able to find a round about way to safe the other things before it crashed. Also after two years of my computer not working well, after I formatted the hard drive and reloaded everything, it is working GREAT! And if Ghana had won, probably many people would have died in celebration, since Ghana did not win, they did not die!

No comments: