________________________________________

Monday, May 25, 2009

Signs of walking in the flesh or walking in the Spirit

Ask myself am I like this today---

Am I lusting after, unhappy without, or incomplete without: A person, procession, object, amenity, and or attention?

If yes, I do not have LOVE!

Am I seeking a rush of emotions, seeking an experience more than calm delight?

If yes, I do not have JOY!

Am I filled with worry and fear? Does my mind go back to things that I should leave to God to figure out? Our do I struggle and worry about the future that I cannot change?

If yes, I do not have PEACE!

Am I quickly angered, frustrated by waiting, filled with impatience about my ministry, family, life, or future?

If yes, I do not have LONGSUFFERING!

Am I feeling unkind? Do I feel that it is a burden to be friendly, good and kind. Do I feel that I have the right to be mean and unfeeling?

If yes, I do not have GENTLENESS!

Am I filled with doubt and am I wondering if what God says is true? Do I know the truths of God’s Word and struggle to claim them, or say that they do not apply to my situation? Do I feel that I have to understand, figure out, or control the circumstances of my life, because no one else will?

If yes, I do not have FAITH!

Are my actions, thoughts, words, focused on myself? I am confident because of what I can do or have done, or am I fearful or inactive because of what I cannot do?

If yes, I do not have MEEKNESS!

Am I self-controlled (Spirit-controlled)? Do I seem to have no ability to control lust, appetites, habits, or actions? Do I live by my feeling or wants, and seem to be controlled by them even when I would like to do the right things?

If yes, I do not have TEMPERANCE!

IF I HAVE TO SAY YES TO ANY OF THESE QUESTIONS, THEN THE HOLY SPIRIT IS NOT FILLING ME ON A REGULAR BASIS, FOR HE PRODUCES THESE FRUITS IN ME!

No comments: